Back in August 2010, my family spent about ten days staying at the Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa at Disney World Florida. Amongst a busy schedule of activities for teenagers during the evening and plenty of things for kids as well (including watching Disney films by the hotel's swimming pool), I found an event for making ice cream. On the day, Mum and I had been shopping in the Downtown Disney shopping district, so we had to rush to get a bus back to the hotel to make this soft, creamy ice cream, which we then ate back in our hotel room.
Ingredients1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons vanilla essence or 1 packet of hot chocolate mix
- Place the ingredients into a pint-size zip-lock bag. Make sure the bag is tightly sealed.
- Cover the bottom of a large plastic bag with ice.
- Add about a cup of salt (more needed if there are more ice cream bags).
- Place zip-lock bag of ice cream mix on top of the ice and salt.
- Shake large plastic bag for about 5-10 minutes or until ice cream is firm.