Friday 12 September 2014

Chickpea Hummus

 
Recently, I went to Cyrus Mediterranean Restaurant in Bradford (a street or two away from Great Horton Road) with some friends for a party. For my main course, I had a rice dish with lamb and vegetables (that I can’t remember the name of), but the best part for me was the starter that three of us had chickpea hummus! I spent most of the meal, dipping slices of cucumber and pieces of naan bread into the very delicious-tasting plate of hummus, and over 3 weeks later, I have found myself craving the taste of that hummus. It’s very easy, of course, to go and find pots of hummus in a supermarket, but why not try making it at home from scratch? I found this recipe in the Food section of About.com, and it has been given as an option for making hummus without tahini dressing.

 
 

Ingredients

1 can (approximately 200g-250g) chickpeas
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon cumin

Instructions

  1. In a food processor, blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
  2. Serve immediately.  Ideal with pita bread, celery sticks, carrot sticks or slices of cucumber.
  3. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment