Sunday 25 May 2014

Vegan-Friendly Banana and Blueberry Ice Cream


So this is my first proper post, and I haven't even said hello yet, but I couldn't think of much to say about myself other than hey, I'm Katie and I'm going to try to regularly post recipes here. 

I'm going to start with a recipe that I tried today after looking through the Instagram of the Melbourne-based Green Girls Gang (although I don't even have an Instagram).  What I made was a vegan-friendly banana and blueberry ice cream, and even though I'm not a vegan or even a vegetarian, I have a rather "yayyy, fruit" attitude, and I already had the necessary ingredients in my kitchen to make this tasty ice cream.



Ingredients
4-8 bananas
1/2 cup frozen blueberries

Method
1. Chop the bananas into halves (or slices, as I found halves quite difficult for the blender) and freeze in a ziplock bag overnight.
2. Put the bananas into a high-speed blender, add 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries and pulse until reaching a smooth, ice-creamy texture.
3. Sprinkle with optional toppings and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment